You can have it all here: live right on Rowleys Bay in a charming, airy waterfront house. Our beautiful home is intimate enough for a quiet getaway or big enough for a reunion with family and/or friends.
The home is situated just north of Sister Bay on the banks of Rowleys Bay, a beautiful, all natural waterfront looking out on Lake Michigan. It’s adjacent to the Mink River Estuary, a protected nature preserve. There is beautiful unspoiled scenery all around the home —perfect for bird watching, hiking, etc. The home is quiet and secluded, but also located near the Rowleys Bay Resort (formerly the Wagon Trail). There is a restaurant and pub and Grandma’s Swedish Bakery for delicious treats all day long (open June-Oct.), A marina at the resort offers kayaking and boat rentals in season for exploring the Bay and the Mink River. Bicycling is also a great way to view the beauty of the area.
The house, which sleeps from 2-11, has it all, including four spacious bedrooms (two with views of the Bay), a hide-a-bed in the living room, a modern, spacious, full-service kitchen, and a screened porch and beautiful deck with lovely, pristine lake views. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs, 1 bedroom and 1.5 baths downstairs. There is even your own private Lake-front access for water play by day and star-gazing by night.
The home is perfect for all occasions–and fun for all with a VCR/DVD player and satellite TV. It is available year round—in fact, winter offers
beautiful scenery along with peace and tranquility. You can text and check e-mail from our living room–our home has free WiFi access.
You can do as you like–relax at home, or visit and enjoy world class shopping, golfing and mini golf in one of the many charming towns just a short drive away (Ellison Bay, Sister Bay, Ephraim, etc.). You can enjoy nature near our house or at nearby Newport State Park.
Why The Owner chose Door County
Our family has been coming to Rowleys Bay for several years, drawn back year after year by the natural beauty of the Bay and Lake Michigan. We loved it so much, we decided to build a lovely year round home here. Nearby Sister Bay (a short drive away) has always been one of our favorite towns in Door County, WI. Al Johnson’s Restaurant, Sister Bay Bowl and Supper Club, and Pirates Cove mini-golf are just some of the many fun attractions there. We can experience the seclusion of our house, nearby Rowleys Bay Resort, and Sister Bay all together–the best of all worlds in this lovely setting.
Location: Ellison Bay(Rowleys Bay)
Bedrooms: 4, Queen(main floor), King, King, 3 Twin plus Sofa Sleeper in living room
Bathrooms: 2, Tub/Shower, Shower
Max Occupancy: 9 in beds, 11 w/ sofa sleeper
Satellite/Cable: Direct TV
Internet: Yes, Wireless
Air Conditioning: No
Fire Pit: No
Peak Season Rates, **June 18 – Aug 22**, Sept 3-6, Oct 8-11, 15-17
$2950/week – $450/night (3 night min)
Shoulder Season Rates, May 28 – June 17, Aug 23- Sept 2, Sept 7 – Oct 7, 12-14, 18-30, Nov 24-27, Dec 23- Jan 1
$1950/week – $375/night weekends, $275/night weekdays(3 night min)
Off Season Rates, Jan 2 – May 27, Oct 31- Nov 23, Nov 28- Dec 22
$1550/week – $300/night weekends, $250/night weekdays (2 night min)
Additional cleaning fee per reservation
11% tax extra (5.5% sales, 5.5% room)
**All stays less than 1 week or overlapping designated turnover day during peak season are subject to approval.**
- June 2011…We all enjoyed your home very much. It was very well equipped. The location was ideal, not to far away from the towns, but scenic and quiet. We can highly recommend it.
- Sept 2011…We enjoyed our weekend greatly. My husband and I, along with several of our friends decided to get together for a fun and relaxing weekend in Door County. Your home was very cozy, clean and accommodating to us all. We hope to be back again. Thank you!!
- Oct 2011…We had a wonderful time at your vacation home. The accommdateions and space for the 3 couples were more than adequate and the view was great too. Sunrise was special also. This was not our first trip to Door County but it was a very restful and scenic trip.
- Sept 2012…My friends and I walked into the house and though “this is perfect”. We enjoyed the patio (deck) for most of our meals. The view from there and the living room was beautiful, restful, and artful. the large dining room table was great for us. We really liked being on the quiet side of the peninsula. The countryside was beautiful and we found a couple of wonderful produce stands and of course, items with cherries! Thank you
- July 2013…My family has been to this well-appointed lake home many times, and each time we marvel at the beauty of the tranquil setting. It is well laid out with 4 spacious bedrooms. There is wireless connection for those who wish to use it; and its a short walk to a small pub, bakery, and a restaurant.
- July 2013…We truly enjoyed every minute of our stay and all agreed that we should have booked at least one night more. Our group included 3 adult couples and our 3 children under the age of 9 months, making your home the perfect place. We were able to spread out and each have their own space. Saturday night we saw 5 shooting stars while out at the rocks near the beach. It was gorgeous. Thank you for opening your home to us and we look forward to coming back.
- Sept 2013…Thank you for the use of your home in Rowleys Bay this past weekend. We had a great time. Grilled out, watched the Badger and Packer games, went into town (in one of the local antique stores, a member of the group found some glass floats used in fishing that he has been trying to find over a year), we went to a blue grass concert at Door County Auditorium, and had a Saturday night fish boil. Everyone was very impressed by the accommodations.
- Aug 2014…We loved the house and our grandchildren loved it as well. They loved watching the hummingbirds outside. We have no suggestions as it was a nice quiet getaway.
- Sept 2015…I would highly recommend this property if you have several guests staying. It was a delightful home with plenty of space to move around for the 10 of us. The view of Lake Michigan was spectacular and the “blood moon” was incredible.
- Aug 15…My (then) girlfriend and I booked a trip at this rental house with my parents for a nice summer getaway. By the end of the trip, I left with a fiance! Door County is a special place and this house offers the perfect DC Experience. The place is a nice short drive to several of the small towns, but also secluded enough to give you the feel of a true getaway. Access right through the backyard to Lake Michigan is very convenient (the lake is rocky, bring your water shoes), and you can walk 5 minutes down the road to a lodge which has a bakery/cafe, a small bar, and offers canoe/kayak rentals. The house itself offers a good living space, a kitchen with everything you may need, and plenty of board games if weather forces you inside. We will definitely be visiting again!
- Jan 2021…Our favorite house in Rowley’s Bay – Door County!We recently had a wonderful winter getaway in this beautiful house. The ducks and geese on the lakewere beautiful to watch, as was the falling snow. There’s a private shoreline just steps away. The house has a big wood-burning fireplace, which contributed to the cozy serenity. There are high ceilings and lots of natural light in this home, with four spacious bedrooms, so there is room for everyone in the family,or even two families or a group of friends who want to enjoy time together. The view of Lake Michigan is gorgeous! There’s a small, wooded park next to the house, and a hiking trail behind the lodge, and Newport State Park is just across the bay. Restaurants and shops in both Sister Bay and Ellison Bay are less than a ten-minute drive away, so there’s plenty to do if you wish. We tried Al Johnson’s Restaurant in Sister Bay and Kick Ash Coffee in Ellison Bay – they are open year-round! We felt like we got the best of both worlds – serenity on the “quiet side” of Lake Michigan with plenty of activities a short drive away.